The foundation of our external partnering and licensing relationships is our unique ability to rapidly and systematically identify “causative” genetic biomarkers. Causative biomarkers are mutations (typically rare variants) with unprecedented metrics of genetic association (e.g., odds ratios >10-100) for a given condition (e.g., common or rare disease, drug responder, and serious adverse event). Our unique ability to rapidly identify causative biomarkers is accelerating drug discovery and the development of medically actionable genetic tests. Product areas are outlined below.
Population Bio discovers and validates disease-causing genes/mutations that are available for licensing to:
- Develop targeted drugs that, instead of treating symptoms, modify or prevent/cure disease.
- Rescue drugs failing for efficacy/safety by identifying responder or serious adverse event genotypes.
- Reposition marketed drugs for new indications by identifying novel patient cohorts with mutations in genes that are known drug targets.
Population Bio develops genetic biomarker Dx products in three key areas:
- Predictive tests for pre-symptomatic or early detection of disease.
- Patient stratification tests to dramatically decrease the time, cost, and attrition rates of clinical trials (e.g.,boosting efficacy by enrolling patients with responder genotypes).
- Companion tests for drug efficacy and safety prediction that enable drug rescue/repositioning.
Population Bio has intellectual property portfolios comprised of causative biomarker collections for both therapeutic and diagnostics applications for the following diseases: Parkinson’s disease, Autism Spectrum Disorder, Endometriosis, Alzheimer’s disease, and Peanut Allergy.
For partnership and collaboration inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.