Population Bio is applying its discoveries in human genetics to:
- Reveal novel disease and drug response genes/mutations.
- Define new classes of ‘rare diseases’ by revealing the multiple causes (subtypes) of common, complex diseases (e.g., Autism, Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, Endometriosis, Peanut Allergy, etc.).
- Develop comprehensive genetic tests for early detection and pre-symptomatic testing.
- Define the unique genetic makeup (patient stratification) of drug responders vs. non-responders and serious adverse event groups to boost the success rate of clinical trials and enable development of companion tests.
- Reveal protective variants that enable development of blockbuster drugs for treating a common disease in a large number of people.
- Accelerate development for all therapeutic avenues: 1) novel targeted drugs, 2) drug rescue of Phase II & III failures, 3) repositioning/repurposing of FDA-approved drugs.
In summary, Population Bio is accelerating the delivery of precision medicine diagnostic and therapeutic products to enable safe, low-cost, and more effective healthcare for patients.